I spoke at Church of the Living Spirit this month about how to change your life by changing your self talk. Even though this article is not about water, I believe that changing the way you talk to yourself can change almost anything you don’t like about your life, – including your health.
Here’s a simple but powerful 3 step process that has had a profound impact on my life over the past 12 years.
Tell yourself a different story. Create a different life.
- Step One: Spend 2-3 days listening to every single thing you say to yourself.
- Step Two: Replace all negative statements with positive questions.
- Step Three: Repeat positive questions over and over again like a broken record.
Don’t stop! You may notice changes right away, but continue talking differently to yourself. It can 3 weeks to develop a healthy habit and longer to change a life time of negativity.
Change Your Health and Energy.
- Why am I so young and healthy?
- Why do I always feel great?
- Why do I always have so much energy all day long?
- Why do I feel like a young man/woman?
- Why do I sleep so soundly all night long?
Change Your Diet. Lose Weight.
- The less I eat the healthier I am!
- Why do I love to eat healthy foods?
- Why do I prefer healthy low fat foods?
- Why do I love the taste of vegatables?
- Why do I always make healthy food choices?
- Why do I always leave food on my plate?
- Why am I stuffed after eating small meals?
Change Your Mood.
- Why am I so happy all the time?
- Why is life so easy?
- Why am I so lucky?
- Why do good things always happen to me?
- Why does everyone love me so much?
- Why am I calm and relaxed in every situation?
Self Worth, Confidence, Meet New Friends
- Why does everyone love me?
- Why am I love?
- Why do people look up to me?
- Why do I always say the right things at the right time?
- Why do I have so much to offer?
- Why is my mind clear and focused at all times?
- Why is my memory perfect?
- Why do I remember important information?
- Why is it so easy to find (my keys, my car, my glasses, …, etc.)
Make More Money.
- Why do I make _______ dollars every (hour, week, month, year)?
- Why does money flow to me so easily?
- Why does everyone want to buy my products?
- Why does everyone want to do business with me?
- Why is it so easy to make money?
Find a Romantic Relationship.
- Why do I meet so many attractive men/women every day?
- Why is it so easy for me to start conversations with men/women?
- Why are so many men/women looking for someone like me?
- Why do I attract men/women like a magnet?
- Why do men/women find me so attractive?
Improving Current Relationships.
- Why does everyone love me?
- Why am I so lovable?
- Why do I always compliment people?
- Why do I only see the good in every person?
- Why do I have plenty of time to listen and appreciate people?
Tip: The words ‘love’ and ‘why’ are the most powerful words in the English language. Use them together and watch the magic happen.